More than 15 film entries from Filipino film makers made it to the elite selection of the 2020 International Film Festival Manhattan.
The International Film Festival Virtual Events is happening online on November 19 to 22, 2020. The decision to do this online was because of the lockdowns and limited travel around the world due to the pandemic.
The festival is presented by LFP International Production Inc and co presented by: Tagline International, Oncue Media and Binary. Programs will be posted on their website www.IFFMNYC.com
The following are the Filipino films that were selected from the hundreds of submissions from around the world.
“Latay (Battered Husband)” Dir: Ralston Jover, Starring Allen Dizon, Lovi Poe, Snooky Serna, Mariel de Leon and Diane Alvaro Producers: Baby Go, Dennis Evangelista, Ferdy Lapuz
1) “In Paglayag A Sulu Story” Dir: Rhadem Morados
2) “Maglabay Ra In Sakit (The Pain Will Ease)” Dir: Mijan Jumalon
3) “Kagitingan (Valor)” Dir: 1Lt Balaram S. Tamayo —–
1) “Biyaheng Madilim (A Night’s Journey)” Dir: Luisito Lagdameo Ignacio starring Teri Onor
2) “Sulyap (The Glance)” Dir: Geraldo Jumawan, Win Suarez Compendio
3) “Garbo (Pride)” Dir: Alan Filoteo
4) “Tuta (Lapdog)” Dir: Nadyn Estacio, Celina Makani
5) “Sa Apat Na Sulok” Dir: Scarlet Mendoza
6) “Kulong The Lockdown Story” Dir: Michael Daya
7) “Filius (Son)” Dir: Justin Allen Caspulso
8) “Padayon (Keep Going)” Dir: Clanche Dayve Belleza
9) “ANX” Dir: Jorge Bryan Marquez
10) “LOL” Dir: Mark Justine Aguillon
Quarancine Film Festival Top 3 Winners from the Philippines (as prize competes at IFFM).